Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Coffee shop revisited

I was updating my website and giving it a new layout when I realized that for my shows coming up this fall in and around Vancouver, I'm a little short on paintings from the coffee shop series from 2014. This is partly due to selling a few, damaging a few, and not wanting to transport the two really big canvases to the mainland (because they will also get damaged in the process . . . I'm sure of that). So I've decided to beef up the series and revisit the theme. I'll do some smaller ones that act more like footnotes to the series. It'll be a fun challenge too, because I remember that these were a struggle for me, but now they seem like child's play. I guess we'll see how it goes.
Here's some of my source sketches to make paintings from.




No comments: