Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Project 3: obstructions

I can't decide what to do for my last project about "obstructions". I'm supposed to create a piece using commercial-grade materials ie. not found in the home. I have no idea what I want to make!
I started out by thinking I wanted to make a puzzle that couldn't be solved but I feel like I dealt with that in my last assignment. Then I thought about using an optical puzzle, or optical illusion but I'm not sure I can figure out the science of one. Then I thought about what if I create a situation where a puzzle cannot be solved in 3d (using the 3 circles, 3 triangles puzzle that baffled me as a kid) and despite being stoked about the tesseract, that would mean I'd have to construct a tesseract  and/or discover new laws about the fourth dimension.
Perhaps I should make something that takes me waaaaaay out of my comfort zone, something confessional. Or perhaps I could make an obstruction for the viewer, either physical or visual.
Ugh! Too many options, I don't know which way to go!

No comments: