Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sculpture 221

I'm going to be taking a small hiatus from painting while I focus my attention on my sculpture class. Since I really have no game when it comes to making objects in real space, I thought that I'd put my brushes down for a bit. I will finish this current painting I'm working on . . . and I'll probably slip a few paint sessions in here and there cuz I'm sure I'll be itching for it but, I'll have to give up my 2 hours or more per day to get into this class.
As part of the class, we are each to give an informal presentation on an artist or style that we dislike or don't understand. The choice for me is obvious = Jeff Koons. My only fear is that in researching his work, I'll end up understanding it an empathise with it. God, I hope that doesn't happen lol. More on this tomorrow.
In the meantime, here's some sculpture that I like.
Louise Bourgeois, Maman

Brian Jungen, Cetology



Cal Lane

Richard Serra, Torqued Ellipse

Megan Dickie
There are more . . . but above are just a few I could think of off the top of my head ;)

No comments: